Seeking Damages For Medical Negligence Resulting In Death
When your child, spouse or loved one dies suddenly, you are left with both the emotional and financial burdens of an unexpected passing. In situations where your loved one’s death was caused at least in part by medical malpractice, a skilled attorney can help you seek financial compensation to ease the cost of medical expenses.
If a death in your family was caused by hospital or doctor negligence, our lawyers compassionately guide you through the long, complex malpractice lawsuit. Findling Park Conyers Woody & Sniderman, PC, is a well-respected law firm focused exclusively on medical malpractice litigation. We have the in-depth knowledge and resources to handle the most serious negligence cases, including those involving the death of a child, spouse or loved one.
A wrongful death occurs when negligent actions of a party result in a death that could have been prevented. In medical negligence situations, the wrongful death can be caused by negligence on the part of a physician or hospital. Medical circumstances that can contribute to a wrongful death vary widely, but some of the most common instances include:
- Birth injuries. A preventable injury caused by hospital malpractice during birth that contributes to the death of the patient.
- Surgical error. Mistakes made in surgery that were not recognized or corrected by the doctor that contributed to death.
- Failure to diagnose. Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose a disease or illness that could have been prevented if the physician had provided an acceptable standard of care.
- Failure to treat. Failure to diagnosis, misdiagnosis or errors in prescribed medications that delayed treatment and contributed to death.
Offering Compassionate Legal Counsel And Unwavering Dedication
If you are the spouse, patient, guardian or estate holder of the wrongful death victim, you can raise a wrongful death lawsuit in Indiana. The help of a skilled malpractice attorney can be critical in this process, as proving negligence in a hospital or emergency room is often difficult.
Our lawyers ensure that you understand the law and what it may mean for your case. Indiana has strict legal stipulations regarding wrongful death cases, such as:
- A medical review panel must provide an opinion on whether medical malpractice occurred before the wrongful death claim can be submitted.
- Wrongful death claims must be filed within two years of the alleged negligent act that resulted in death.
- Damages recovered by a victim’s family cannot exceed $1.25 million, as set by the Medical Malpractice Act.
Our experience in malpractice law provides you with fierce legal representation that exhausts every route to seeking the maximum compensation from the responsible party. We provide you with compassionate advice and counsel and fight tirelessly in the courtroom to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Connect With An Experienced Lawyer Today
We determine the best strategy for your case and offer a contingency-based payment structure. Our office is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, with night and weekend hours available. We are located on the corner of Ohio and Pennsylvania across the street from the federal courthouse.